Thursday 13 May 2010

The forecast was good so Jimmy and I went to Glen Affric on Wednesday to do Tom a'Choinich and Toll Creagach. It was a two hour drive from Ballachulish, but they are two hills we've had in our sights for a while now. One thing I like about "munro bagging" is that it gets you to places you might not otherwise go.
We were surprised by the amount of snow left in the corries, now well into May. But the ridge was clear and made a great ascent route over Creag na h-Ingninn. We stopped every so often to catch our breath and admire the views down the snow covered Glen Affric hills.
Then a contrast as we headed over Beallach Toll Easa to the relatively flat, round summit of Toll Creagach. Congratulations were in order - this was Jimmy's 200th munro. In just over six hours we were back at the car having had a another great day out. I think Tom a Choinich may be my favourite hill so far., but I'm looking forward to the next...

1 comment:

Norman W said...

Congratulations Jimmy. I'm sure the next 83 won't take too long, you've done the hard bit.