Wednesday 19 January 2011

Winter warm up



I was feeling decidedly lazy with wet, windy weather curtailing any plans of walking. With a change to high pressure and a nice settled spell forecast I decided I had to get out and do something. So Fern and I walked Tom Meadhoin from Callert. It looked like I could carry on along the ridge, but without knowing where the descent might bring me out I decided to return by my ascent route. A nice walk, pleasant weather, and we saw a buzzard (probably) circling above the saddle, and two stags who headed slowly toward Mam na Gualainn as I approached.
Fingers crossed the weather stays settled as Jimmy and I are heading north tomorrow (Thursday 20th). We're staying in Gerrys Hostel at Craig tomorrow night with plans to walk Moruisg (and Sgurr nan Ceannaichean) on Friday. There will be two spare seats in the car if anyone wishes to join us.

Then, assuming my legs are up to it, I'll be out on the club walk on Saturday to climb Druim na Sgriodain- at a nice leisurely pace I think!

No comments: