Sunday 24 July 2011

First munro



Yesterday I took Peter and Douglas dog up their first munro. Peter has climbed a couple of corbetts and the pap of glencoe and was keen to do a munro. Douglas is 9 months now and I was hoping he was up to a good walk.

I chose one still on my list that has the least ascent and distance - Meall Buidhe in Glen Lyon. I had heard the views were spectaular on a good day, and they didn't disappoint. From the summit we could see across Rannoch Moor to Stob Ghabar, Buachaille Etive Mor, Ben Nevis, and further north. All the summits were laid out infront of us like a model of Scottish hills. I can't wait to go back to the area and do Stuchd an Lochain.





2 comments:

Ron said...

Douglas looks a bit worried and I still dont think you feed him enough !

Looks a lovely day - I have a memory of a long plod along a snowy ridge with a gale blowing and visibility around 100m.

Norman W said...

Nonsense Ron, it never rains on that hill. Your memory must be playing tricks....