Tuesday 21 September 2010

Derry Cairngorm

I'm beavering away at the next club programme, due out very soon. It was suggested that we have another day trip to the cairngorms to do Derry Cairngorm so I have pencilled this in for 16th October. Meantime a couple of us have commented that Derry Cairngorm is easier to do from Linn of Dee (a lot less ascent) and also could be shortened by cycling some of the way. So, having recently purchased a second hand mountain bike, I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to try it. Is anyone else interested in doing an overnighter at Braemar to do this hill from a different direction? If we plan it properly we could time the trip to meet the others from Cairngorm at the top...

2 comments:

Norman W said...

I'd love to do this as I still have 2 tops (of my 18 remaining) on Derry C, but I'm driving up from England that day so can't make it. Have a good trip.

Les Stuart said...

Hi.
I was at Braemar last Sunday and cycled from Linn of Dee to Derry Lodge to climb Carn a' Mhaim. It is a good track to cycle on and makes sense to do Derry Cairngorm from Linn of Dee.
At the moment not sure if I will be available that weekend though if I was I would stay on weather permitting and do Beinn a' Chaorainn and Beinn Bhreac.
Will let you know nearer the time.
Les