Friday 3 September 2010

2 Days in Lochaber


On Monday the 30th August I left Glasgow very early in the morning and arrived at the Glenfinnan visitor centre car park at 9am. Had a ten minute nap then set off up the west side of the river on the tarmac road to the Corryhully bothy. About 2km past the bothy I picked up the stalkers path to take me to the south ridge of Sgurr nan Coireachan. From here it was a steep climb to the 852 mark then down and up to the summit. Great views as the weather was excellent. Had a good rest then set off along the ridge to Sgurr Thuilm with its many steep downs and ups. Reached the summit had food and drink, good rest then down back to the car. I drove to Invergarry and stayed at a B&B.
On day 2 I set off to the north side of Loch Quoich to walk up Gleouraich and Spidean Mialach. Similar walk as in day 1 though thankfully not just as steep. Picked up the stalkers path which took me to the 850m point then level path before steep climb to summit. Great views and could see The Saddle and Sgurr na Sgine that I did with the club two weeks ago. Set off along the ridge to Spidean Mialach, then the decent back to the car.

It was a great two days with excellent weather and only met another three walkers over the two days, apart from the game keeper at Glenfinnan who asked where I was going to walk that day. After I told him, he said that was ok and have a good day.

2 comments:

Kev Paterson said...

Sounds like fun. Wish I could have been there. Where did my eight weeks off go to?

Norman W said...

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the conditions. These hills are tremendous when the visibility is good.