Tuesday 21 September 2010

Sunday October 10th Stob Coire nan Lochan and Bidean nam Bian

As these hills are in my back yard, no one would be surprised to read that I have done them many times. They make one of the finest hillwalking expeditions in the country. However, the route proposed in the Club programme is normally chosen by boring old baggers whose only aim is to earn ticks for their list.

Far more worthy of a genuine hillwalker’s attention are the approaches starting with an ascent either up the nose of Gearr Aonach (the Zig-zags), or the west face of Aonach Dubh (Dinnertime Buttress). Neither of these features in the Baggers’ Bible.

I intend to do the latter route that day, conditions permitting, having done the former just recently. Discerning members are welcome to join me. All anticipated ticks will be available.
AndrewG

1 comment:

Norman W said...

I'm hoping to be there as I'd like to climb Stob Coire nan Lochan by any route, never having been there. (It wasn't my suggestion or choice of route I hasten to add ! - although I admit to being a boring old bagger !!). Will be guided by you on the day, depending on the weather. I know my limitations...