Tuesday 10 August 2010

Problems making a comment?

If like me you have been struggling to comment on a controversial post - good on John Burton putting the cat amongst the pigeons - it could be that you are using firefox. After much tearing of hair and scouring the internet for advice my feelings of inadequacy were finally put to bed by another blogger elsewhere. If using firefox you need to have third party cookies enabled. You don't in other browsers so I simply logged on using chrome. Not sure if you can use safari though.

Hope this opens the floodgates to comments.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Hmmm. Well spotted.

I use Firefox pretty much all the time and have it set to "accept third party cookies". Not sure if this is how it comes or if I enabled this years ago. Funny how something like this seems a good idea but then bites you years later when you have forgotten all about it ! Anyway, one to remember and I hope you did not pull out too much hair.

AnneB said...

I uninstalled Firefox some time ago as it seemed fairly unnecessary for what I do. I would not want third party cookies anyway. I am trying to give them up!