Monday 16 August 2010

Two days in Glen Shiel

On Saturday I arrived at my start point in GlenShiel too do the three Munros on the west side of the south ridge. There was no sun as promised by the weather men, only low lying mist. However I set off across some wet ground south then west for a short distance before heading south west to the summit of Sgurr Coire na Feinne before heading to my first Munro of the day Sgurr an Doir Leathain.
On reaching the summit the mist had lifted though views were still restricted. Had lunch then set off for Sgurr an Lochain and by now the sun was fully out and had excellent views in all directions.
Set off for Sgurr Beag though traversed round the south of the peak and headed for my final Munro of the day to Creag nan Damh. On approaching the cairn there was a large bird sitting on top of the cairn though could not tell what it was. After a good break and lots of photos I set off south east down a steep slope then South to the A87 where I had to walk back to my car which was about 7km east to my start point.
Since I was joining the club next day I decided to test my new tent at the Sheil Bridge campsite and also get eaten by the midges. The guy and his wife in the tent next door kindly help me to erect mine which took us 10 minutes, or should I say them. If it had been me, I would still be trying to piece it together though now I am all set to do some wilderness walking to bag a few Munros!!!
I met Norman in the Kintail Lodge for a night cap and discussed our days on the hills.
I will leave the Sunday report to a club member though I did The Saddle via the Forcan Ridge and Sgurr na Signe. A great two days with wonderfull weather and five munros.

No comments: