Thursday 5 August 2010

A Short Day Out

Hi everyone.
 This is my first attempt at writing a mesage on the blog so
lets hope it works! I was out today for the first time in quite a while so I didn't fancy a big day out. I wanted a short day to give me a short strenous walk to get back into the swing of things. Andrew and I met in the Glencoe car park and walked up to the mast " the hard way" of course because we couldn't have too easy a start back. We were out for about 3 hours but it was enough to stretch the calves and get a bit of fresh air. The views were much better than expected and we only had one heavy shower so that was a real bonus. It was great to get out and I am looking forward to getting back to walking with the club so if there is anyone else out there who wants to be led gently back into the habit of walking give me a shout and I will keep you company.
It's not all about getting to the top as quickly as possible. It's about enjoying the walk, the company and hopefully the views.

Jean

1 comment:

Norman W said...

Well done Jean - glad that you've got the boots on again ! Get some practice, you'll need to be nimble for Arran !