Friday 20 August 2010

Toughprint

As many of you know, I like to take an A4 map onto the hill in a pocket (as well as my OS map in my bag). I have tried all sorts of poly pockets etc, and laterly was laminating a double sided page that Wesley likes to affectionately call a "sarah sheet". The problem with laminating is that when it is folded to put in a pocket it starts to de-laminate and water gets in the creases.

So I purchased a pack of Toughprint through Amazon. According to the blurb it is 100% waterproof, tough, durable and photo quality. 25 sheets for £13.99 so not cheap at 56p each. However I do file these maps for reuse. I am pleasantly surprised with it. It seems to be waterproof (coped with the showers we had on Lochnagar) and stands up to a fair bit of buffeting in the wind. Please ask to see it next time we're on a walk and you can judge for yourself.

No comments: