Tuesday 3 August 2010

Beinn Dearg near Blair Atholl

Hi Folks
On Sunday I drove up to Blair Atholl to climb Beinn Dearg. It is a remote Munro so I took my bike and cycled along the track which felt like a steady ascent all the way to the bothy.The good point was that it would be downhill back to the car and so it proved. On reaching the bothy it reminded me of the club trip to Knoydart last May in that 'beautiful' Druim Bothy that we stayed in for three nights.
Further along the track you come to the path which starts the uphill walk proper, heading mainly north to the summit. The weather was ok with light mist on the summit and just a couple of light showers which only lasted about 10 minutes.
On the cycle out I met up with the young couple that I spoke to at the bothy where they had stayed the night after walking in on Saturday, not realising how far a walk it was. I felt sorry for them as they had back packs and the young lad also had two polly bags to carry with several more miles to go. A good day and another one bites the dust.
Hope to join the club walk for the Saddle and plan staying a couple of nights to do another day in that area.
Les

1 comment:

Norman W said...

Good for you Les. Will also be at the Saddle, and moving on to Skye the following day, hoping for reasonable weather to summit my 4 remaining Tops there. See you.