Thursday 22 July 2010

Glen Affric




Just a brief report on the informal outing to Glen Affric attended by 7 members who all stayed for one night or two at the Youth Hostel at Alltbeithe, having either cycled in from the East end of Loch Affric, or walked in from the same place, or from Glen Shiel.
The weather was quite kind for the hill walk on Tuesday and hills climbed included An Socach, Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan, Mullach na Dheiragain, and the seven Munro Tops in the area.
Unfortunately Wednesday was a bit wet ( that's a bit of an understatement) and I'm sure most got a trifle damp on the way back out to civilisation ! I bagged a couple of Tops on Mam Sodhail and was almost at Affric Lodge on the way back when I was confronted by a horrendously swollen burn which threatened to force me to walk back all the way round Loch Affric, but somehow I found a way across although it was a bit hazardous !
Note for Mike : This outing was arranged to ensure it didn't clash with any of the Club's formal walks, although I note the attendance here exceeded some of the recent walks on the programme.

No comments: